Darryl and Sally Bridgman are proud to be the local owners of W. R Twigg in Hawkes Bay – a business with a strong history of supplying quality goods to the Transport and Engineering Industry.
Colin and Carol Morrison purchased the Hastings branch of WR Twigg Ltd in 1998.
WR Twigg (Hawkes Bay) Ltd was established and continued as a Hastings based Wholesaler and Distributor of Engineering and Transport supplies.
First established in 1895 by William Twigg in Auckland,
the Company trading as Twigg Engineering Co. Ltd started life involved largely in the refurbishment of the coastal trading vessels that plied the shores of New Zealand during the 1800s and early 1900s.
As progress led to motive power William Twigg was instrumental in the development and construction of a range of marine and stationary engines, the later being familiar in many shearing and milking sheds throughout the country.
William Twigg died from injuries received after being attacked by a wounded lion, while on safari in Mpika, Southern Rhodesia in 1925.
Around 1925 under new management the company moved away from it's manufacturing and engineering routes and into retailing of engineering product,
with the brass fitting range of product being the core item that Twiggs would build it's business around.
In 2016 Colin opted for retirement and has sold the company on to Darryl and Sally Bridgman.
Both born and bred in Hawkes Bay the new owners aim to mainatin the small business, local feel that WR Twigg is renowned for while offering NZ made products where possible and the highest level of service and value.
The new company will trade under W.R .TWIGG (HAWKES BAY) 2016 Ltd.
Today we are proud to say, the company is still 100% Kiwi owned and operated. We service the East Coast of the North Island from Gisborne, Taupo, Hawke's Bay and Dannevirke to the South.
Our staff have a wealth of knowledge in the industry and as a team believe in providing the highest level of Customer Service.